IDS Driver Training & Company Driver Risk Assessments
Company car and van drivers are involved in about one in every four serious road collisions, and every week around 200 road deaths and serious injuries involve fleet drivers. The cost to businesses runs into millions – fleet repairs, insurance, time off work for drivers and missed deadlines to name a few. It is estimated that one in three of the 3 million company cars on the roads will be involved in a collision every year.The Health & Safety at Work Act, Corporate Manslaughter legislation and case law all mean that employers must consider what risks their employees are involved with – even when they are driving.
IDS Driver Training provide company driver risk assessments, fleet driver training and FREE road safety presentations. We now also provide online driver assessments and online driver training. This training will not only reduce risk of collisions involving your fleet drivers, but dramatically reduce costs like insurance, fuel and repair bills. Our modern fleet driver training techniques are a benefit to any business. Furthermore, in today’s health & safety environment, we can assist companies in complying with all the revelvant regulations whilst reducing work related road risk.
Any vehicle which is driven by someone carrying out business on behalf of a company is regarded as a place of work and therefore subject to current legislation. This expressly includes the so-called “Grey fleet” of vehicles owed by the employee but used for company business. Some employers believe, incorrectly, that a valid drivers licence and MOT certificate is sufficient to ensure the safety of their employees and the general public. This could not be much further from the truth.
The cost to industry of work-related collisions is estimated to be £2.6 – £2.9billion per year. Industry estimates vary for the number of companies doing enough work on road risk management but it is pretty safe to say that less than 33% of companies have such a policy which puts the remaining 67% seriously at odds with the legislation.
Benefits of our Fleet Driver Training Services Include…
- Reduced fleet costs – insurance, repairs, fuel etc
- Less days off work for drivers, missed orders, bad publicity
- Compliance with relevant legislation
There are plenty of reasons for employers to look at the operation of their fleet and company car drivers. For that reason, our fleet driver training programmes are based on the needs of the individual client. Our experienced fleet trainers, who are experts in the field of road safety, will offer the best advice possible to your company, whilst providing an extremely high standard of fleet driver training.
Fleet Driver Training can help:
- the drivers.
- the company.
- Road Safety.
- the community.